Skilled workers often use concrete cutting saws in various construction and demolition projects. Its primary function is for cutting hard structural concrete materials such as asphalt, bricks, woods, PVC, tiles, steels, and other solid objects. It is crucial to know the different types of concrete cutting saws and their function to determine which tools are suitable for cutting concrete materials. To learn more about the useful saws in concrete cutting, read this article until the end.
Three main types of concrete cutting saws depending on their energy source
Aside from manual concrete cutting using hand saws, the new modern technology has developed high-end concrete cutting saws. There are various types of energy-powered saws based on how they usually function.
- Gas-powered concrete cutting saw – This type of saw often produces a high power to cut concretes by using filled gasoline to the cutting equipment. These saws are entirely used for outdoor settings. One of the useful advantages is it becomes more convenient to carry everywhere without attaching to the receptacles.
- Electric-powered concrete cutting saw – If you want e less noise and use easy-to-carry equipment during the concrete cutting process, electric-powered saws are the best option. This type of saw is ideally applicable for cutting concrete in indoor settings. But of course, you need an electrical source such as extension cords or outlets to use conveniently.
- Battery-powered concrete cutting saw – While electric ones work only with an electrical source, the battery-powered cutting saws provide you two options; it’s either use it with connection to the electricity or the battery alone. The good thing is they are rechargeable cutting equipment. Moreover, it can be pneumatic or hydraulic tools.
Two main methods of concrete cutting saws relating to its surrounding nature of the job
- Dry concrete sawing – Most dry cuttings are ideally used for outdoor construction or demolition projects. Its nature often produces excess by-products such as dust, dirt, and other debris objects. The attached diamond blade cutter helps the cutting equipment to keep cool without the surrounding water.
- Wet concrete sawing – This method is safer and more secure with the presence of water. Unlike the dry sawing method, wet cutting is more environmentally friendly as it doesn’t produce massive production of dust or other debris that can jeopardize the worker’s health.
Two main types of method relating to how you operate it
- Small, handheld concrete cutting saw – These cutting equipment are usually portable, light-weight, manageable, and easy to control the force. It applicable for small cutting works and can handle by using hands. However, it slows the concrete cutting process.
- Bigger, walk-behind concrete cutting saw – On the other hand, the bigger and heavier cutting equipment requires high-powered energy. It’s more likely to generate intense noise and vibration during the concrete cutting process. To control the violent force, you need to operate them by walk or stand behind the said equipment.
Read also: 11 Types of Concrete Saws.
Trusted concrete cutting services in Canada
Do you need professional assistance for your concrete cutting works? Hire our experts! Marco Demolition offers you a reliable concrete cutting service in Toronto and around Canada. With extensive experience in the demolition industry, they served numerous property owners and industrial projects, no matter how small or big their work scope. Give them a call at 647-570-7077 or send via email at email@example.com for your further inquiries.